Ruby on Rails 5 | ReactJS | PostgreSQL
A Ruby on Rails side project where I attempt to reverse engineer the UI of Netflix.
About this project
Bolt Network is an on-going attempt to reverse engineer Netflix's features and UI. What began as a practice project on Codecademy is now a Ruby on Rails 5 web application with over 100 movie records. Using ActiveRecord queries to a PostgreSQL database, Bolt-Network serves a JSON API to a fully ReactJS front end for displaying and searching popular movies.
- Netflix-style movie carousels
- Netflix-style instant-results search
- Genre, Recently Added, and My List pages
- Like/Dislike and Add to My List buttons
- Netflix-style mobile menu
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Bootstrap 4
- Amazon S3